Old August 29th 10, 09:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna D.

Default Perfect shades of grey

I love working with Anchor over DMC. You can really tell the difference. No
shop around sells it now and actually my favorite shop is a knitting shop
now. My DH found a new shop where an old one closed but they don't have
Anchor either. I had almost every color. I must have packed it away or
something since I couldn't find it. But that is because I have bags boxes
and bins of stitching stuff. One of these days I am going to finish a
project.
"Ellice K." wrote in message
On 8/28/10 6:39 PM, in article
, "Donna D."
wrote:

1 2 3 stitch sent Anchor floss that was perfect. I received wonderful
service for 6 skeins of floss. And its cheaper than other shops.
Donna

Glad to hear it. I've preferred Anchor for many years now - they seem to
have a wider range of color graduations, and I like the feel of it. A
shop
I used in Albuquerque in the 90s had a piece they'd stitched in both DMC
and
again in Anchor. The pieces sat on top of the floss cabinets - and
stitchers could look at them, and then choose which floss they preferred!
DMC is more common here, but I've kind of stuck with my Anchor bias,
though
of course I have plenty of DMC, as well.

Ellice