Old October 20th 05, 03:54 PM
Tracey

Default Oxmoor House: what a rip!

"Nann Hilyard" wrote in message
...and I don't mean ripping fabric.

noting that this book costs $8.99 in "four monthly installments" -- plus
postage -- though it does come with a little cutting mat and a cheapo
rotary
cutter (oooh!) . . . oh, yes: "If you're not head-over-heels delighted,
use
Merchandise Return Label below to send the book back. We'll gladly pay
return postage." So the return label is in the order flyer!!

Oxmoor and Rodale, in particular have the habit of re-using the same
quilts/patterns in their books. It wouldn't even be so bad if they used the
same pattern and showed the sample in different fabrics, but they can't even
bother to do that!

These book things that come in the mail always go straight into the trash
here. The price is always high, and many of them have the clause that says
that they will 'send you books to preview in the future'. And THAT is the
part that bothers me most of all, because its just a PITA to have to take
them back to the postoffice and return them.