Old April 6th 08, 06:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AliceW

Default Irons, again...

Just ordered one! Thanks for the link.

Alice
"Do what you like, like what you do"

"Mickie Swall" wrote in message
: It stays on for a full 15 minutes idle in an upright position, 30
: seconds lying down, before shutting off. It doesn't take long to heat
: up again, maybe 30 seconds. It only takes about a minute or two from
: a cold start to heat up to the hottest setting. The colors change
: when the temperature drops while ironing, but it seems to still be hot
: throughout. I do know that when I unplug it, it takes a looooong
: time to cool down. My DH tells me the ceramic soleplate (not metal)
: holds the heat longer.
:
: Silly me, I'm going back today to go get another one to keep in stock
: in case this ever breaks down. I got it at Linen n' Things, $39.99,
: on sale $10 off, less another $8 for the 20% coupon, so with tax it
: was only around $25 and that's a bargain. I called the store to find
: out this model was discontinued in last January and they have no more
: in the warehouse, though they can order me one from another store.
: That's even more reason for me to get another - it's one of those laws
: that manufacturers discontinue the good stuff! LOL I did find a few
: online, the cheapest one is at Fingerhut.---
:
http://www.fingerhut.com/ProductGrou...52&ref=feature
:
: Now, how is it that this iron been around for two years and none of us
: has discovered it?
:
: Mickie
: