Old October 25th 10, 09:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Default Ricky Tims Drive-By

That is cool. He was lucky to meet you. : )
Taria
"Sandy E" wrote in message
Howdy!

First, thanks to Kathyl for telling about this opportunity for adventure!

That was fun!

http://www.facebook.com/RickyTims#!/...9&set=a.197644
090029.168268.182561445029&pid=7678513&id=18256144 5029

or go to the Ricky Tims' FaceBook page and look for me & Summer Breeze.
;-D

He's doing this funny thing where he posts on FB & Twitter about where
they will be on their road trips; then whoever reads and wants to play can
make plans to rush to the highway and flap a quilt at Ricky & his driver.
This time they were in the Metroplex, had lunch in Grapevine, were heading
to Houston, along "my" route. That's only about 6 miles from here, a
quick
hop on Hwy 287 puts me there in 10 minutes. As the hwy shrinks to just
2 lanes there, I pulled into a little alcove just 60 seconds ahead of
them.
Phone call returned and here they came around the curve. They were able
to stop next to me, off the hwy, and speak for a moment, while we
exchanged camera-fire. (I actually let someone take my picture & post
it online- I am feeling like me! g) And down the road they go.
But first, they had to stop at the traffic light at the intersection, so
I blew on past them, made a right turn w/ horn blaring, and we all
laughed.
What fun!

I'm not going to Houston this year; been there, not time to go back, yet.
But our picture is, me and Summer Breeze. Quilt appropriately named, as
it
is quite warm today, & the wind blowing along the hwy is somethin' fierce!

Cheers!

Thanks, Kathyl!

Ragmop/Sandy - enjoying the day
...oh, & there's my PT Cruiser: PT QLTR ;-D