Old September 18th 06, 02:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd

Default Swaps

Me too...... and with 5 grandsons, I'm sure I could find a home for it.

--
Mary
"Jean" wrote in message
: I'd love to participate in a bug jar fabric swap. I have had one on my "to
: do" list. I think it would be fun.
:
: Jean in MI
:
: "Kate G." wrote in message
: . ..
: I hosted a swap for "candy jar" fabrics not too long ago. I want to make
: (it's still not done... but on the TO DO list... The problem is ... you
: need a wide variety of specialized fabrics (candy type) but only SMALL
: pieces of each one. Even less than a fat quarter! So by doing a swap --
: got 15 - 20 people who each found ONE candy fabric... cut it up in to
: squares (I think they were 8 inches by 10 inches) and they all mailed
them
: to me. Then I dealt them out like cards... and we still all paid only
for
: " 1 yard" -- but that one year was comprised of 15 - 20 different
fabrics!
:
: That is a "centralized" swap -- where everybody sends their stuff to one
: person who shuffles it up and returns it to the participants. Each
person
: sends a preaddressed - -prepostaged return envelope. That way the
hostess
: isn't out any additional cost -- only her time. I frequently --
generous
: swappers include a nice little thank you gift for taking the time and
: trouble to coordinate the swap.
:
: Does that make sense? I've never done a swap that wasn't "centralized".
: And I'm actually thinking of doing another one soon... this one for "BUG
: JAR" fabrics.!!! I will if there is at least a dozen people who would
: want to participate. Another one I want to do is "bird seed" fabrics --
: anything that looks like it could be bird seed -- that one may be harder
: to come up with fabrics... I need to do a little homework to see how
many
: different fabrics like that there are out there.
:
: Anyhow -- that's what a swap is like!
:
: Kate in MI