Old September 17th 06, 04:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Diane F.

Default Swaps

Hi Erika,

The RCTQ BOM is not actually a swap. The current block is posted the 1st
of each month by our wonderful hostess Danielle. You do not have to sign up,
you can work at your own speed, you chose your colors. You do not send
anything to anyone.....your blocks are yours.

Swaps are posted by the " swap hostess", she usually will post first
inquiring if there is any interest. If enough people are interested then it
becomes final. The swap hostess determines the size, theme, color, amount
and date due. You then make the required number of blocks, mail them to the
hostess and then hopefully, if everyone has come through, you will get the
same number of blocks in return. Sometimes the swap will be for fabric,
usually a set theme or color. It's a great way to add to your stash.

Happy Quilting
Diane F.

"biz_e_momma" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello, all!

I've been lurking for a while and have really enjoyed all that I've
learned from you guys.

My questions are about swaps. I've never participated in one and don't
know how they work or how to find one. What are some of the swaps you
guys participate in? How does the block of the month swap work and how
do I sign up?

Thanks!

Erika in Texas