Old October 8th 11, 08:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.carving
Belinda Alene

Default knives get rusty in canvas rollup

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 10:01:59 -0700 (PDT), joeh wrote:

i made a canvas rollup and my carving knives get a light coating of rust on them. Is there anything that will stop this from happening. I take them with me on camping trips and all kinds of weather.
Thanks

I used to put a coat of car polish on the knives I carried for sale. For knives
used in camp I oiled the leather sheath or carried them in a cotton felt roll up
that was well oil then placed in either a plastic zip lock or sealable plastic
container.