Old July 6th 10, 08:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Sharon

Default DMC Rayon & Satin Floss

On Jul 6, 2:24*pm, Liz from Humbug wrote:
On Jul 5, 3:19*pm, Chemiker wrote:

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 12:39:01 +0100, "Parrotfish"

wrote:
Is there a difference ?
TIA

Very good question. I have been wondering the same. Thanks for asking.
Right now I'm looking at Hemingworth's enbroidery cones, and while I
love the colors, I see they are NOT the same beast as the DMC floss at
my local stitchery cottage. Suitable for much finer work, I think. I
like their peacock tones. Right now I'm using DMC's stuff for hand
work to learn the stitches.

Alex, going to make pork/pineapple stir fry for us two.

If you're asking if DMC Rayon (discontinued) and DMC Satin are the
same, then NO, they're NOT!!! *DMC Satin is the replacement that DMC
came up with when they discontinued their old DMC Rayon floss. *That's
why I'm stuck mid-project and have been searching for old DMC rayon
floss, especially in black and white. *Thanks to rctn, I think I'll
have enough black to finish and may only have to take out the white
parts to do the white over again with the Satin stuff.

Funny about this topic - I was at Michael's the other day & some lady
was buying DMC rayon and satin for someone else (she wanted certain
colours apparently) & asked the girl what the difference was - I don't
think she really knew - but she did say if you use either, make sure
all your stitches go the same way .... ///// or \\\\\ cuz the sheen is
different if you mix up your slants. Would you like me to check and
see if they have any more DMC white - it wouldn't be any bother at
all.

Sharon (N.B.)