Old July 4th 05, 06:46 AM
Abrasha

Peter W.. Rowe, wrote:
On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 09:57:55 -0700, in @õ "Michael"
wrote:

What is the ideal height for a Jewellers table? My estimate is about 750mm
(29.5 inches) from the floow to the top of the work surface.

Any opinions?

Some
day when I'm rich (my next life)

Won't happen, there is no such thing as a next life. You only got this
one. Make it happen now.

I'll trade it for one of John Frei's (Frei and
Borel, http://www.ottofrei.com/store/home.php?cat=358 )

They're no longer called Frei & Borel, it's Otto Frei now.

The pull out lap drawer for filings and tools, cannot be lower
than this for you to sit comfortably.

The drawers are a bad invention and idea. Because people put their
tools in them (especially files), they lose literally hundreds if not
thousands of dollars a year in filings. And precious stones, when they
fall, often bounce out of the drawer which invariably leads to time
spent on all four on the floor.

if
you're building the traditional european style, which uses a leather catch, rather
than the metal lined tray type.

This is the way to go. I have three benches. One for gold, one for
platinum, and one for everything else. On two of them I have leather
skins, and on one, which was not made after my own design, I have one of
those atrocious trays, I shamefully admit. I have just never gotten
around replacing it with a leather skin.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com