Old July 13th 03, 04:42 PM
Atom1

www.sewsassy.com has the hooks used for bow ties, they sell by the gross
(144) for $25. I have always used d rings for the cumberbunds, plastic
preferably. Have ordered from them before, very quick service.

"Penny Lemire" wrote in message
Once again I've walked myself into a volunteer job of
epically idiotic proportions (so what else is new?). Our
middle school bands (and maybe chorus and strings) want to
add bow ties and cummerbunds to the uniform
white-shirt-black-bottoms. This is to add a little pizzaz
and identification for those festivals where 35 schools are
all there with their identical shirt/bottoms sets and herds
of teens all look a lot alike...

I have a team of sewing help, and if I can convince the
director of a little color sense, we have the means to make
these pretty cheeply, but we lack hardware.

So does anyone have a source of bulk quantites (250+) of
buckles and sliders for these, preferably in the US? All my
net serching had turned up nothing - much to my surprise. I
thought this would be easy! I've landed web sites to sell
me the finished things, but no buckles.

Thanks,
$.01