Old July 30th 08, 05:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

Default 2008 nfair entrants & results

On 7/30/08 11:52 AM, "Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at comcast..net wrote:

"ellice" wrote in message
On 7/30/08 9:33 AM, "Magic Mood Jeep ©" wrote:

I only had 5 items finished in time for the county fair this year, they
can be seen on my webshots page he

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...=home-and-gard

Well - 5 items finished is still a good amount! The "H" - looks like one
of the Sweetheart Tree alphabet kits - did you add the "hilda" ? I'm
doing
"D is for Dog" - go figure.

They're very cute nice kits! Your stuff looks very nice.

ellice

I did D is for Dog and changed Puppy to Puff and made the ears and tail a
little longer and fluffier to look more like him. They're really cute kits
and make up very nicely.

Too cute. You sound like me - I'm always altering the animals to be
reflective of Puckster, or whatever other animal is in our life and
appropos. I think once you start doing it, it's not that difficult - but
the first time can be tricky.

Did you frame the finished piece? I'm just starting mine - I needed
something as distraction from all the canvaswork and "serious" counted
thread work. And this is definitely doable/finishable quickly.

Are the rest of their kits as well put together?

Lucille

Yes. We have about all of them in the shop, and they're very clever with
different motifs for the letter, curlicues, etc. They all have that same
linen, with thread, though the threads may vary - how much white, taupe,
some perle . Anyhow, I like them a lot - they're good kits, IMOSHO.

Ellice