Old November 23rd 05, 06:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Pattern for a Thneed

In article ,
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
"madhatress" wrote:

For Christmas this year, DBF's uncle has requested that I knit him a Thneed?
Does anyone know where I can find one? I have been Googling, but haven't
found much.

Nadia ?
A thneed ????? What is that ???
never met this word , maybe he wants a sneed ???
if so i had a pattern somewhere ,,,,i am off to look ...no result so
far ,,, I am so sure i knew it once ,,, but i might be wrong ,,, It is
a kind of head covering scarf isn`t it ?? shold be in the
neighbourhood of a wimple , a barbette ,gorget etc...

Oddly enough, you're right, sort of... the made-up word is for something
that can be all of those, and more.

DBF's uncle is being silly. If it were me, and I had time, I'd knit him
a loose, lacy tube out of scrap yarn, maybe leftovers from those fun-fur
and funky-yarn scarves, on really big needles.

=Tamar