Old October 20th 05, 11:54 AM
Nann Hilyard

Default Quilters Paying It Forward

I confess that the phrase "pay it forward" was new to me. Maybe everyone
else knows just what it means, but in case you don't:

From http://www.learningtogive.org/papers/index.asp?bpid=168
"Philanthropic scholar Robert Payton explained serial reciprocity as, "the
principle that says we should repay the good works done for us by the good
works we, in turn, do for others" (Payton 1990, 1). Thus, in serial
reciprocity, individuals "pay it forward" instead of paying it back."

and The Pay it Forward Movement's web site, at
http://www.payitforwardmovement.org,

--
Nann
in Winthrop Harbor, Illinois