Old July 26th 03, 06:59 AM
G.Kelly

Amy , baby wear is great - and the works get finished in less time than
adults and it is definately not out of your league. For ervery baby I hear
of I knit a circular shawl which is quite easy and very fast to knit and not
expensive using baby wool. You will just love doing those tiny bootees.
Best of luck God Bless gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

"MaryLyon" wrote in message
Greetings:

Thanks to everyone again who helped me figure out seed stitich for the

baby
blanket I was making about a month or so ago. I'm still working on the

darn
thing, as I got all screwed up and had to find time to hit a knitting shop

for
help - fortunately I found a great person to help me and I'm back on

track. I
was getting so confused, knitting on a round needle, so I gave up and
transfered to traditional needles, and now I'm having a blast!

So, I just found out that my oldest friend is having a baby (actually, the
surrogate mother he and his partner impregnated via egg donor is having

their
baby - better living through chemistry!), and I want to make him something
really cool. I've never made baby garments before, but I'm enamored of the

idea
of knitting a layette for the little one - perhaps a sweater, cap and

booties,
and blanket too.

I don't want to get too ambitious, but this would be a great project for

me,
and I think he would be thrilled, so...how hard it is to make baby stuff

like
that? I've made sweaters for full grown men before, and that wasn't too

hard,
just time consuming, I'm sure baby stuff goes much quicker...

Any advice (including telling me that this is out of my league right now)

would
be appreciated. I will at least make them a blanket, but I think I'll soon

be
ready to try my hand at something a little more interesting!

Best, Amy