Old July 25th 03, 04:18 PM
Sonya Cirillo

Amy

Nah - can't be out of your league - long, long ago I got into knitting
because I was pregnant. . . picked out a nice layette (sacque, hat,
booties and matching afghan) and went to town. No one told me that it
wasn't a 'beginner' piece and after a little help with YO (wasn't sure I
was getting it right) I was off and running and never looked back

One suggestion is to start with the sacque/top/jumper, then do the hat
or booties and leave the afghan until last.

The reasoning - the top is going to be worked on straights or a
circular, it's small, but large enough that you can get into any pattern
in it. . . the hat is the next smallest - and the booties might be done
on double pointed needles (dpns) which might be a tad of a challenge but
you will be use to any pattern by then and they go really quickly.

Then you'll have a whole set to give, in case life throws a curve ball
and you don't get the afghan done before the baby arrives.

Other than that - we're all willing to help, plus you found a potential
helper there so you're all set - just have to decide on a pattern!

Sonya