Old October 26th 03, 01:32 AM
Kellie J. Berger

Made my own version of "I spy" from some brights for a baby (okay, i'm still
working on it, but the top is done!) using 1/4 sq triangles. 2 brights and
2 pale yellows. And made sure each fabric was used twice. some kind of
yellow showed up in 90% of the fabrics, so i went with that. DS has a baby
quilt much like that with white instead of yellow. Looks like little bow
ties or butterflies all over!

Or... you could make "hearts" with them... choose a light/neutral/solid
complementary background,
prints (P) and solid (S) placed like this

PS
PP

then set it on point for a quick heart ala Lydia's
http://www.hamiltonpipeband.org/berg...ing/HEARTS.JPG

Have fun!

Kellie

"dogmom" wrote in message
I finally realized why my scrap quilts don't look like the ones in all

those
"quilts from scraps" books. I thought it was just that I had lousy design
taste (which may be true in any case!) but it's also that my scraps are

from
25 years of sewing clothes, most recently scrubs for a vet clinic. So
they're all cotton (good) but they're also all prints, many big, nearly

all
bright, and fun! They *sure* aren't solids or near solids like all those
books show, which may explain why that churn dash scrap quilt I made just
never quite worked--because of the prints, if I cut them up they tend to

be
a distraction.What patterns like such scraps? They make terrific
square-in-a-square but I've made two of those--that's enough for now. They
work okay in big flying geese. If I cut them into narrow strips (2" or

less)
for Log Cabin or Strings--maybe. Would little 9-patch work? Snowballs?

1,000
pyramids? What do y'all recommend?

Somebody oughta write a book for scrap quilts based on real-life scrap
collections (at least, *my* real-life! Of *course* the world should

revolve
around *my* scraps! VBEG) But until then I ask my trusty, beloved cyber
quilt guild!

TIA muchly.

Dogmom