Old March 16th 04, 04:50 PM
Joan Erickson

Default Birthday s.e.x.

Yesterday I hit the big 5-0. sigh. There were a couple of bright
spots, though. My family had a party for me on Sunday. The brighter
spots among the presents: my brother (3 yrs. younger) decided that since
I was now "old", I deserved an old present. He brought in a huge box
that he'd picked up at a rummage sale of old crochet, knitting and cross
stitch patterns!!!! It reeks of smoke so it's airing out in the garage
right now, but it's going to be fun going through it when it smells a
bit better. "D"H said, when he heard about it, "Just what we need
around here--more patterns!" :-p~~~~ to him!!! LOL! Then one of my
sisters sent me a package and in the card said she'd sent me 3 little
friends to help me celebrate (3 Beanies) and a "fifty-hued rose". HUH?
It was 50 skeins of floss all tied together with a ribbon! )))
Then last night at bowling, the girls brought 5 purple balloons and one
mylar with "Over the hill but aged to perfection" tied to a bag of
Hershey's Treasures caramels. Stash and chocolate---what better b-d
present could there be???? )))
--
Joan

See my first-ever design he
http://www.heritageshoppe.com/joan.jpg

"Stitch when you are young and poor, frame when you are old and rich."
- Elizabeth's (rctn'r) sister's MIL (Barbara Marr)