Old December 5th 05, 10:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Default ***Very OT*** CHRISTMAS ***OT***

wrote in message
Just out of curiosity -- I really wondered what everyone thinks about
all the "Happy Holiday" songs and etc? I saw some schoolchildren on tv
the other night singing what SHOULD have been "We wish you a Merry
Christmas" ... but now it's all "We wish you Happy Holidays". And then
Saturday Night Live did a spoof on the whole thing too. Frankly, I'm
apalled. Have people forgotten Christmas is the celebration of the
birth of Christ? Or is it all now just a reason to give presents? Oh
and my step-daughter came to visit from college this weekend, and
she's upset that history books no longer can print A.D. or B.C. -- now
it all has to be CE or BCE (common era and before common era). Sorry,
I'll shut up now. Except to say MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Jennifer/Poetta

www.ladybuglane.com

Happy Christmas to you too!

We are even more apalled over here, as we no longer have "Christmas" lights
but "Winter" lights in the streets - for fear of offending the ethnic
religions!

None of us ever objected to them celebrating THEIR festivals, after all!
Political correctness gone completely mad!

Pat P