Old January 8th 04, 03:09 PM
CMM PDX2

Denise wrote:

Thanks Monica! You knew exactly the frustration I was having.
I knew it was because of that core thread, but was afraid that
since it was my first time trying to use Homespun that it would
leave huge holes in my knitting. It's going much better now. I
really don't like blankets that feel this airy and fluffy though... but
I hope it will still be warm. It's a lapghan for my dad.

You're welcome, Denise! Glad to hear it's going better, good luck with it.

I know what you mean about airy blankets. I like to feel some weight, myself.
As to warmth - well, if you've happened to read any of my OT posts about Oregon
rain and our current weather up here... the one time I went out in our current
nasty weather, I wore a hat and scarf made from Homespun, knitted on US #10
needles; and yep, they were nice and warm!

Let us know how the lapghan turns out, ok?

Monica

CMMPDX2 at aol
remove 'eat.spam' to email me
---------
"No, that isn't me you saw - I'm not here, I'm incognito!" (Me, Myself & I)
Support our Troops!!
http://www.wtv-zone.com/kjsb/bataan.html