Old June 21st 04, 10:59 PM
Brian Christiansen

Default black and white square in a square

I was looking through my material, and from some previous project, I have a
big piece of white material and a big piece of black material. I thought it
might make a neat looking thing to use those in quilt with paper pieced
square in a square blocks, half having the innernost square in white, half
with the innermost square in black. For the borders, I have some material
that is black and white striped, each stripe being 1 inch wide. For the
binding I would use solid black. For the back, I might see if I can hunt up
some black and white plaid.

Here is the problem - I looked at the the black and white fabric that I
have, and it is a knit. In fact, the white has about 50% stretch in one of
the directions, and about 25% in the other direction. If streched on the
bias (or at least what I think is the bias), it seems to have almost 100%
stretch. The black does not have nearly as much stretch, but it is
definately a knit.

Can I still make a quilt out of this material, the ultimate goal is ABC
quilts.

Brian Christiansen