Old August 28th 13, 02:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

Default where is everyone?

On 28/08/2013 10:20, NightMist wrote:
On Wed, 28 Aug 2013 07:57:12 +0100, Lizzy Taylor wrote:

I spent 2 days of the 3 day weekend hand quilting while "minding" DS1 at
Manchester Game Jam. Something about insurance, but there were about a
dozen guys of various ages all busily plugging away at making their
games work with hardly a peep out of any of them. It was blissful!

Tonight I am back onto crumb blocks and am determined not to go back to
any other WIPs until my crumb/scrap box is virtually empty. 60 blocks
made and a chain of 12 more in progress at the moment, so I am aiming
for 72 by bed time.

I had to go look up crumb blocks.
It is cool to discover that that's a thing.
Now when I get snarky comments from those who had ought to know better
about piecing together my bitty bits and using them, I can just look all
aloof and inform them that those are crumb blocks! G

Why yes I am perhaps overly frugal, but heck if I can make chaotic
rainbows out of the weeny bits and use them, why the heck not?

I love making crumb quilts. When I was demonstrating at the 2012
Manchester Mini Maker Faire my crumb quilt got more comments than the
"designed" quilts. I think it is the sheer riot of colour in them that
catches the eye. They are definitely happy quilts. And I paid for
those little pieces too.

Lizzy

--
http://lizzyastro.etsy.com