Old November 17th 04, 05:46 AM
Mystified One

The accident caused the loss of the finger, not the ring. This is a gold
digger, seeking deep pockets.

--
El Paso Quilter's Association
http://www.geocities.com/luxy2/EPQui...sociation.html
"VManes" wrote in message
I got this third hand, allegedly posted on Wet Canvas.
Anyone else see or follow this story? Does it have any credibiltiy? I'll
comment at end.

~~~~~quote~~~~
warning to those who make/sell Glass Rings

I was served yesterday with a lawsuit seeking 1/2 million dollars in
damages
from a former customer of mine. She had purchased a glass ring from me in
May of this year. A ring that she wore every day, per her own account. In
August, she was involved in a car accident and suffered numerous injuries,
one of which was the loss of a finger. The impact of the accident and
whatever happened there after caused the ring to shatter and severed her
finger.

I'm not sure if there was anything I could have done to avoid this, I do
send a card with each ring advising that it is glass and there is a
possibility of breakage if not taken care of properly, she is claiming to
have received nothing and that she didn't know it was glass. Her attorney
is
accusing me of malicious intent to injur because she didn't pay for an
auction that she had won and I filed a NPB (two months after she had won
and
raved about the ring)

Anyway, this is my problem and will be my financial ruin when all is said
and done, I just wanted to warn all of you, I would hate to see anyone go
through what I am about to. My advice if you make them, stop....if you
sell
them, stop....don't jeopardize yourself. Contact the customers who have
purchased them from you and either get them back or have them sign a
waiver.
PROTECT YOURSELF!!!!

Please, if you know of any artists that are not WC members and make or
sell
glass rings, please let them know!

If this is for real, I've got two things to say to the "injured" woman.
IT'S A GLASS RING - GLASS BREAKS!!!!
And unless you make your living as a surgeon or pianist or some such, a
finger is not worth $1/2M - check your AD&D policy - they probably pay
little or nothing for a single finger. Go buy a cup of McDonald's coffee.

Val
--
Bringing you BeadWizard Design Software
www.beadwizard.com