Old August 11th 04, 02:35 PM
Denise Jameson

Good for you Pat! Great find! Now, I wanna see!!! How about some
pics?

Denise in Ontario, Canada

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 22:00:52 -0400, Pat in Virginia
wrote:

Woo Hoo!! Today I browsed some thrift stores and struck gold! I
was flipping thru the last of the 'home linens' racks and
considering a nice pair of linen place mats when my eyes spotted
what looked like a patchwork of vintage fabric just a foot
ahead!! I immediately let go of the place mats and grabbed the
vintage stuff.

Oh my! It is a quilt top!! Scrappy fans on muslin. The corner
quarter circle is same on each, a medium solid green. They were
nicely hand pieced and appliquéd, and the blocks were joined by
SM. I am guessing the fabric is from the 1950's, and earlier.
Quite a few were a bit faded, which I like as that indicates
scraps from house dresses, shirts, and aprons. The blocks are
about 9.5" finished; the top is about 57" x 85". There are six
across and nine down.

Right next to it, on another hanger, was a large piece of good
quality unbleached muslin. It is about 72" wide by about 3 yards
long. I really think the items were donated together, but priced
separately. Of course I grabbed that too, to use on the back.

The funny thing is I only looked because of Marissa!! It was time
to leave, and I thought "Get real, the chances of finding a
quilty treasure are really really low." But then I thought of
Marissa finding that neat top and gave it a go!! So, thanks Dr.
Quilter for motivating me!

YES!! PAT in VA/USA