Old July 7th 04, 08:25 AM
Leo Lichtman

"lisau" wrote: (clip) I want my metalworking to be as "green" as possible.
Any comments on this issue would be appreciated! (clip)
Where I used to work we sold a system which could help you. It consisted of
a metal 5-gal pail with a heater wrapped around the outside. It had a
close-fitting plastic cover with a small fan, blowing air across the
contents into a duct to the outside. You would empty your nasty water based
chemical solutions into the can and just wait for the heat/air flow to
reduce them to a dry concentrate. When the can got full, it went to a toxic
waste disposal service.
I don't know whether this lash-up is still on the market, but I don't think
it would be hard to build one, and a lot cheaper, at that.