Old November 17th 04, 06:24 AM
DianeGlassAttic

Hi, GlassAttic here. My site is pretty big, so the exact pages you'll want to
check out for the differences between clays of all kinds, and between polymer
clay brands and types, are these:

http://www.glassattic.com/polymer/Characteristics.htm (brands & types of clay)

http://www.glassattic.com/polymer/sculpture.htm (clays, techniques,groups,etc.)

Check this page for suppliers of clay outside the U.S.:
http://www.glassattic.com/polymer/supplysources.htm

As for "casting," polymer clay can be cast in molds made from polymer clay
(removed before baking/curing) or in silicone molds or any other
275-degree-safe molds like those made from metal, etc.
For lots of info on those, take a look on this page:
http://www.glassattic.com/polymer/molds.htm

If you want to sculpt *large* items, or cast them in molds, you may want to use
one of the other types of clay discussed on the Sculpting page above.
Or you can use something under the clay as an armature (like tightly-wadded
aluminum foil, wire mesh, etc.) to keep from having to use too much clay (the
armature can be removable or not)
Here are some other pages with info on those topics:

http://www.glassattic.com/polymer/ar...s_mesh_PVC.htm
http://www.glassattic.com/polymer/vessels.htm (boxes/bowls)

HTH and good luck,

Diane B.
http://www.glassattic.com ...... polymer clay "encyclopedia"

....if sending me e-mail, DO NOT USE THIS AOL address (or I may never see it!)
Use this address instead:

..