Old April 6th 04, 08:04 PM
Jenn Ridley

(F.James Cripwell) wrote:

"Bonnie" ) writes:

Jenn, do you frame your needlework with the plexiglass? I've never used it
but have been wondering...

--
Bonnie

For the record, glass is *extremely* hard and scratch resistant. You
need something like a diamond to scratch glass. Plexiglass, by contrast,
is quite soft, and the surface is easy to scratch.

But properly cared for, it doesn't scratch. I've got artwork that's
been framed for 20 years, moved 5 times. No scratches on the plexi.
The glass in a different piece was replaced with plexi when it broke
during a move, despite the fact that it was packed carefully and
properly.

I find that the tradeoff between weight/breakage and scratchability is
worth it for me.

ymmv

jenn
--
Jenn Ridley

WIP: Art Stitch Rose Trio, Emperor's Coat, FrankenFlora, Halloween Circle
Most recently Finished: Santa Christmas Stocking, Will Work for Freezer Space, Turnberry Ridge