Old February 23rd 07, 12:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Default Thank Goodness for Message Blocking was OT: Grammar-Picky

Call me when he's cooked - I will bring the carving knife!
Until then he is just a little too annoying for me in my
present frame of mind. But if you guys want to bait him a
little go right ahead. I will cheer from the side lines
lol

Trolls - beware!

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o

"Sally Swindells" wrote
in message ...
: CATS wrote:
: "Edward W. Thompson" wrote
:
: ((snip))
: :
: : With respect to the subject being 'OnT', your
reasoning is
: bizarre.
: : What is it about rec.crafts.textiles.quilting you find
: difficult to
: : comprehend?
:
:
:
: Please feel free NOT to add snide or whiney comments to
your
:
: If you don't like seeing OT comments in a "quilting
: orum" - and you have constantly made it clear that you
: don't - then don't read them. And if you don't agree
with
: the comments of others either don't reply to them, or at
: least try to remain civil (see definition below).
:
: From M-W Dictionary -
: synonyms CIVIL, POLITE, COURTEOUS, GALLANT, CHIVALROUS
mean
: observant of the forms required by good breeding. CIVIL
: often suggests little more than the avoidance of overt
: rudeness owed the questioner a civil reply. POLITE
: commonly implies polish of speech and manners and
sometimes
: suggests an absence of cordiality if you can't be
pleasant,
: at least be polite. COURTEOUS implies more actively
: considerate or dignified politeness clerks who were
: unfailingly courteous to customers. GALLANT and
CHIVALROUS
: imply courteous attentiveness especially to women.
GALLANT
: suggests spirited and dashing behavior and ornate
: expressions of courtesy a gallant suitor of the old
: school. CHIVALROUS suggests high-minded and
: self-sacrificing behavior a chivalrous display of
duty.
:
: If you are merely amusing yourself by testing how many
: people you can annoy enough for them to snap back -
: congratulations! You have caught me on a bad day. I
have
: snapped back (more from exasperation than anger), and
you
: have goaded me into being as rude to you as you are to
this
: group. Are you happy?
:
:
:
: Message blocking applied in THIS reader too - I should
: have remembered when I updated (sigh)!
:
: But Cheryl, remember we adopted him as our pet troll the
last time he
: started berating us. Remember, egg, gravy etc.
:
: --
: Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)
: http://community.webshots.com/user/sallyswin