Old March 9th 04, 04:44 AM
Butterfly

Just recently recommended for my extra dry skin cause of the meds I take....
Prescription Hydrocortisone creme mixed equally with Eucerin creme--(NOT
lotion) Rub it in--put a 'plastic wrap around' and cotton socks over (yes
hands too)for no more than 20 minutes. Then rub in the excess. do NOT leave
them on overnight..I don't know why you couldn't take off the plastic and
put the socks back on but he said DO NOT---so I won't argue. It works--4
days flat and my skin has greatly improved : )
Eucerin creme or the hydro creme alone will NOT be enuf.
HTH
Butterfly

"Phyllis Moody" wrote in message
. ..
My trick for dry hands ( I also have dry feet hands and in all my joints

on
legs and arms) I found that if I drink more water in my everyday life and

also put in a little fountain on the main floor of my home. my hands and

the
rest of me have not been overly dry........... I work with fabric everyday
all day and since I have done this I am not getting as bad I also am not
getting nose bleeds anymore .... the reason that our hands get dry in the
winter is because there is not enough moisture in the air so by putting in

fountain you are putting moisture back into the air. Just check for water
level everyday in the fountian and put water back into it if the water is
low. the fountian will take a few winters before your hands start to feel
better.

of course we have to keep up with the creaming but you may find that over
time you will not need as much cream.

Good luck all you great ladies
and Happy quilting
Phyllis
"Queen of Squishies" hicall80 @ earthlink.net wrote in message
ink.net...
I can see that would be true, as every time I use it on my hands, I have

wipe out the sink after. So far I have not been tempted to use it in

the
shower. My hands just keep begging for it.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

I have some of the grapefruit sugar scrub too. It works great, but
makes the bottom of the tub extremely slippery! If you are not sure
footed, please be careful using it.

Denise in NH