Old July 31st 05, 10:29 AM
Bubbles

"Scoop" wrote in message
news:_vVGe.226045$xm3.134555@attbi_s21...

I verify that my hip joint and the "off arm" (left for me, since I'm more
right-handed in my throwing) elbow are securely meeting together. I then
start power-wedging (make the clay go into a tall shape, bring it down
low, repeat) until I "feel" the clay again.

Okay - in other words, just kind of keep at it until you get there.

Finally, I don't talk with anyone, and keep music as background as
possible. Wheel-work should take all your attention, it's perhaps the
closest to pure meditation that you get without sitting zazen or chanting
"om".

Hmmmm - difficult when hubby is back and forth to his workshop in the garage
and keeps stopping at my window to ask how it is going! Hehe! Will tell him
to shut up from now on ;-)

I agree about meditation. When I really am "in the zone", there's almost
nothing like it - except maybe when I am scuba diving and just listening to
my own breathing and floating in the middle of wonderful :-)

Marianne