Old January 2nd 09, 11:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Heather in WestOz

Default Merry Xmas Happy New Year - Not totally OT

Hi, its been a while since I posted, although I try to catch up with the
group when I can.
I hope you all had a great holiday season. Mine was fairly quiet but enjoyed
all the more for that.

2008 was a mixed year. My brother was diagnosed with throat cancer, but got
through all the treatment pretty well and is back at work now. I had 4
months off work to look after him, but managed to get promoted from an
Acting Level 4 to a permanent L4. I also got 3 quilts made - one for me that
I didn't like which became a Hug for my SIL, one in satin for my daughter,
and the third is a wedding present for another SIL.

I lost my QI last January. He was a 17 year old Siamese and it was his time
but it has taken a while to get to the point where I feel its OK to have
another one. So today I am going to meet a young lady cat who has been at my
local vet's for a month or so waiting to find a new home. I'm a bit nervous
about it but I do miss having my quilts inspected.

And, today I begin the quilting on the wedding present. It's a QS with
panels of multicoloured dresden plate on a white background set on point,
alternating with plain white panels and royal blue sashing in between. The
border is strips of the same materials used in the dresden plate. I will
post pics when I am done - hopefully in a week or so cos the wedding is on
17th. So I need a QI to put the seal of approval on it.

Hugs and Rainbows to all who need them - QI's included.

Heather in West Oz