Old May 9th 09, 06:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
KenK

Default Looking for...

Henry wrote in news:46865649-4aa0-455d-b0e6-
:

I don't know how to describe this. Take a ring, like a jump ring
soldered shut, not a finger ring. Put another ring into it at right
angles - looks like an 'X' in end view, circle with a line across
middle from the side.
TIA
Ken

Sounds like you want to join two rings with the plane of each ring at
90 degrees. You want one ring to have it's outside diameter the same
size as the inside diameter of the second ring. You would then put
the smaller inside the larger and solder such that you get the 90
degree plane.

If you end up making your own, would you create a nicer looking ring
cage by having both rings the same diameter and cutting the second
ring in half and soldering both halves to the first ring.

Not sure how hard my suggestion would be since I have never done this
type of soldering. Sounds interesting though.

Well that is my take on what you said.

Henry

Exactly what I was trying to describe.

Agreed. Yours would be an excellent method. But I want about 60 of these
- too much persnickety work for a lazy lout like me. Hence I was hoping
someone sold them at a reasonable price.

Ken