Old July 24th 06, 04:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wooly

Default How hot is it? (Was testing....testing....)

On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 17:23:17 -0500, "BonnieBlue"
spewed forth :

Here in San Angelo, TX, it is 95 degrees with 22% humidity.

The official high today in Austin was 98f with 21% humidity; the NOAA
heat index calculator claims the apparent temp (heat index) was only
93 when that happened. I don't quite see how that can be, myself.

My personal weather station (temp, hygrogrometer, barometer,
anemometer) claims today's high for me, about 10 miles from the
"official" reporting station, was 102f with 37% humidity and a
calculated heat index of 111f. This week is large brush pickup for my
neighborhood so DH and I were out there bushwhacking in the worst of
it. I hate letting the stuff grow, but I also hate doing any more
yardwork than necessary. So when large brush collection happens we
have to work like dogs for a day or two to whack back the photinias,
cherry laurels and other crap that invades over the fences.

My back yard now looks scalped - and it is. The weather now isn't
conducive to new growth including any potential ground cover.

And of course I'm covered in chigger bites, scratches, bruises and
skeeta bumps. And I'm sunburnt and my brain feels quite fried.

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...