Old February 25th 05, 07:35 PM
Christine in Kent, Garden of England

Good idea to do 1 at a time to start with, but do make sure you write down
or memorise (unlikely to remember without writing down in my case!) the
numbers of rows in the foot and cuff so you don't end up with odd socks
(don't ask me how I know that!!)
Love Christine

link.net...
On 2005-02-25, JJMolvik wrote:
[...]
I haven't tried my hand at a provisional cast on. I LOVE the figure 8
cast
on, especially doing two at once Magic-Loop method. I did start out
making
socks top down, one at a time, on dpns. However, I had graduated myself
doing 2 on 1 (Magic-Loop) before I tried toe-up. Does that make sense?

I just knitted a little "test toe" using figure-8 and the magic loop
method on scrap worsted-weight yarn and #8 bamboo circulars. It was
pretty confusing to figure out how to get started, and my stiches
seemed to end up unworkably tight even if I was careful to knit them
loosely. But with a little practice I seem to be doing a bit better,
so I think I'm going to order some size 0 and size 1 Addi Turbo
circulars and try my socks this way. (Though probably one sock at a
time, because my head might explode if I'm trying to learn too much at
once.)

Thanks for your advice.

--
Randall