Old May 26th 04, 07:18 AM
Richard Eney

In article ,
wrote:

I STILL think I can do this....with the decreases and
shaped....as _I_ saw the hats on T.V. I don't know ANYTHING about
"Monmouth" hats or anything else. Just liked the "look" of the
hat...and don't see any "big deal" about how it might have been
accomplished in the 1600's...I'm just interested in a hat that LOOKs
like those hats...and can be done with a STRAGHT needle. And I
THINK...but am not positive ...it can!!!!

Sure it can. People knit socks and gloves on button-ended knitting
needles and sew them together, and I know there are hat patterns out
there too. A search for a "two-needle beanie" might bring up something
helpful.

if I DO pull it off...I will take copious notes and let you know.

Great! I'm sure other two-needle knitters will appreciate your work.

=Tamar