Old May 26th 04, 06:38 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

I followed this discussion with Surprise ,, Emma
you might read some Older books and see a lot of methods ,,
By the way The Famous`Knitting Madona `s all painted in the 15th
century , at least one knitts a shirt`s neck with LONG dp s
mirjam

Okay. I accept that DPNs were around at lot earlier than I thought. I
am having a little trouble accepting that they were FIRST..but that is
okay.. You know of what you speak, and I humbly take it as it must be
true. I STILL think I can do this....with the decreases and
shaped....as _I_ saw the hats on T.V. I don't know ANYTHING about
"Monmouth" hats or anything else. Just liked the "look" of the
hat...and don't see any "big deal" about how it might have been
accomoplished in the 1600's...I'm just interested in a hat that LOOKs
like those hats...and can be done with a STRAGHT needle. And I
THINK...but am not postitive ...it can!!!! I could be all wet! I sure
apprecriate those of you who are interested in my little effort....and
if I DO pull it off...I will take copious notes and let you know.

I just love to expand my mind. If I was wrong about DPNs and
circular..my apologies. Thank GOD there are straight needles now,
because if there weren't...I could not physically knit!!!!

Emma