Old March 18th 09, 09:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Default Now that's PURPLE

On Mar 18, 4:14*pm, Kate XXXXXX
wrote:
TinaR wrote:
I have been wanting a Featherweight for the longest time, and when I
started seeing ones painted other colors, I decided that was exactly
what I wanted for my 50th birthday (which was last year....)

I found someone to restore and paint one for me, and it arrived today:

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...03032890ZmkSin

I love it - haven't had a chance to sew with it yet, but it sure is
pretty!

It was made the year my parents got married - 1948.

It sure is! *That's purty!

You may get purists whinging at you for 'spoiling' a FW. *Ignore them!
If I ever get my hands on one that works just fine but has a poor paint
surface, I will be very tempted to get it a new paint job like that.
May go for ruby red or British Racing Green, or cobalt, or...

I'm sure when the right one turns up it'll tell me what colour it wants
to be.

--
Kate *XXXXXX *R.C.T.Q Madame Chef des Trolls
Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttonshttp://www.katedicey.co.uk

I agree with you on the purists. If you want it to be pink, or brown,
or whatever. If it is kind of tatty then why not just paint it to suit
you ideas. Now, if it was a pristine example, then I might have some
issues with your choice of a repaint. But, if it is already chipped
and careworn, why not make it into something that you like. Where did
you get the painting done? I have seen some pictured at various quilt
shows, but was never able to get a line on where the company was
located.