Old June 16th 06, 01:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass

Default ammonium chloride (sal ammoniac)

i have to say that i missed out completely on needing one of these. I have
never used anything but a damp sponge to clean my current tips, and in the
(really) old days when i used a plumbers iron, i would keep a metal file
handy and give the tip a quick shot with that, then flux and tin the tip. It
did caus ewear on the tips but they cost what, a buck each back then? m
wrote in message
ups.com...
As cheap as sal ammoniac bars are why not have someone in the states
send you one. They will last you till you give up stained glass or die.
I've had the same one for over 15 years and there's probably 50 years
left on it.

Andy

wrote:
okay...i think that someone here told me how to 'make a block' from
ammonium chloride
crystals...

i can't find that information. would you be so kind as to tell me
again...about a pound of
the stuff is on its way...it's good to have friends in the chemistry
department of my former
place of employment...the Harvard of Turkey - (or as i like to call
it..the Turkey of Harvard)

thanks again.

arlene