Old April 14th 09, 08:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Samatha Hill -- take out TRASH to reply[_2_]

Default Why no # 12 knitting needes?

Gerald & Donna McIntosh wrote:
Hi! Was just working on my latest modelstitching job (re-knitting sweater
on # 13 needles)
and got to wondering why needles jump from #11 to #13..Anyone got ideas?

Maybe for the same unknown reason that a size 10-1/2 needle is 6.5 mm
and a size 11 needle is 8 mm? *shrugging shoulders in a "who knows?"
type of fashion*

Then again, there are always reasons such as the following:

A little girl asked her Mom why she always cut the end off the ham
before baking. Her Mom said "That's the way my Mama always did it.
You'll have to ask Grandma why she did it." The little girl asked her
Grandma why she cut the end of the ham off before baking? Grandma said
"Because my Mom always did. You'll have to ask Great-Grandma why she
did it." Finally the girl asked Great Grandma why she cut the end off of
the ham before baking. Great Grandma said, "Because my baking pan was
too small to fit the whole thing."