Old June 22nd 11, 06:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

Default Too hot for yarn?

On Jun 21, 8:47*pm, "King's Crown" wrote:
That's the way I kind of feel. *Not too many projects going on right now. *I
do have a hat I machine knitted from a hand knit pattern. *I just need to
learn the "smiles and frowns" cast off to get it finished.

Lynne

Hallo Lynne , in former years we used ti knit in winter and embroider
in summer , after all we live in a warm land.
Now with all the A/C in public transport, i find i can easily knit
even wool. But i am also pleased with the Wonderful cottons one can
find now in the shops, and the A/C makes people wear cotton shawls.
some years ago i knitted myself a Cotton vest which i carry with me to
wear in Transport and lecture halls [ i can`t concentrate on a lecture
when i freeze ]
What is this nice sounding `cast off` like.
Ps the last years i enjoy finishing my knits with ` little tooth`
mirjam