Old April 11th 10, 01:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default Also OT, but ... OFF TOPIC BRAGGING

On 4/10/10 11:52 AM, in article , "ellice"
wrote:

On 4/10/10 10:44 AM, "Karen C - Calif" wrote:

Gillian Murray wrote:

Don't worry... I have met the child and heaven help any idiot hormonal
male teen who steps over the bounds.

She is delightful, but I think probably knows full well what is and
isn't acceptable.

What Gill said.

#1, at that age, boys still have some amount of cooties.

#2, if anyone tries anything, she'll deck him

#3, if she's really offended, she'll take her hockey stick to school
Monday and turn him into a popsicle.

LOL - kind of depends. But, I'm sure we all have plenty of well-based
faith that "lil' elise" can handle herself quite well. Watching this girl
of similar size and likely skill playing on the similar boys team at
nationals yesterday made me think of her. Then a dad was talking to me -
same situation as Elise - big 11 yr old - 5'3" when she was 10! Played with
the boys til last year, switched to a girls team - played same age group as
Elise, and he said what was interesting that while she liked playing with
the boys, now that she's 11 - she felt more girlish comaraderie playing with
them. That the boys - well - the cooties kind of thing - even as a team
mate - cool being a player - but...

OTOH - in about 2 years, IMHE, we start to see some of the girls on the
hockey teams wearing eye make-up or lipstick. Cracks me up. On my women's
team we had a 16 yr old trying to play with our rec team - and finally we
told her "if you're coming to play hockey with your make-up on, then it's
not about the game. " OTOH - we've seen guys definitely looking at those
pouty red lips (needless to say that young lady didn't make any travel
teams).

Not sure about carrying the hockey sticks in school? Don't think it's
allowed here - they have to leave them locked up somewhere in the school.

ellice

She was fine - swore all she did was hang out the girl friends...
But I do know that the two 8th grade boys at her bus stop are scared of her
or big brother - or both.

As to the make up thing - I've had the best laugh watching the U14 hockey
players and U15 lacrosse players arriving with their "smoky eye" and leaving
with smears. Only guys around are Dads/Coaches, so I don't know what that is
all about. In both cases, they are no "eligible" boys around. It was the
same with the U16s that were at a recent open skate for DD's new all female
team - includes the coaches.