Old August 29th 07, 09:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Default Husqvarna Sapphire

Another good use for mirror image stitching would be
for edge stitching. If you want a certain stitch on the
edge of a quilt, it would be a VERY good thing to be
able to swap the image so you can just guide the narrow
edge f the quilt, rather than the entire bulk of the
quilt through the SM. Clear as snow?
PAT

Polly Esther wrote:
Well just for example, Cindy - yesterday I was appliquéing a bird on a
Baltimore Album sort of block. I had a stitch set up to make 2 straight
stitches forward and then zig over to take the tiniest bite on the appliqué.
I went around the bird's head, tummy and tail feathers just fine. When I
arrived at the wing (which was a separate piece of a lighter color and both
on/off of the main bird body) I needed the stitch to bite to the right
instead of left. Using the mirror image kept me from having to stop, tie
off, turn the entire block (and sewing room) around or any other major
effort. Yes indeed. That's a cool tool. Polly

"teleflora" wrote in message

Clear as clear, Polly. The lightbulb just went off.

I thought embroidery was the only time I would ever use that. Must
investigate.

Cindy