Old March 4th 07, 01:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
santaclaws

Default Need help on painting Crocs flip flops...

On Mar 4, 7:06 am, "Lou" wrote:
On Mar 4, 2:45 am, "santaclaws" wrote:

I'm trying to find some way to make paint stick to Croc's flip flop
sandals...used acyrlic and enamel paints...they crack and flake
off...put polyurethane on after painting...still crack...tried India
ink...not bright enough..I want to use loud colors like neon
colors...tried permanent markers...stays on but fades...any ideas on
what I might use to paint the Croc's...that won't fade,
crack..withstand the elements( water, etc.) and stay bright??? any
suggestions would be appreciated...thanks...Gus in cajun country..

Have you tried alcohol inks? Pinata, or Tim Holtz' Ranger inks?
Might work.
HTH... Louise

OH...I TRIED INDIA INK ON THEM...DON'T KNOW IF THAT'S ALCOHOL INK...IT
SUNK IN...BUT IS VERY LIGHT.