Old September 26th 04, 12:09 AM
Slgraber

roll a coil, and bend it in half. if it's nice and plastic it'll bend without
getting cracky at the bend joint.

steve

Subject: How to find local clay banks?
From: (alistair)
Date: 9/25/2004 1:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time
Crystal,

Call me ignorant, but what is the bending test?

all the best,

Alistair.

"CNB" wrote in message
You can look in the yellow pages under top soil. Find the one that is the
crook that delivers clay instead of good sandy garden soil and you could
have a whole 15 yard truckload dumped in your garden. Ask me, I know from
experience. Just a few days ago that very thing happened to me. Only

problem
is I wanted sandy garden soil not clay. Hmmmm. Now was I ripped off or is
this a gift from god. Being a potter I'm going to try it out. I grabbed a
hunk of it and wedged it. It passed the bending test right off the bat. I
could have clay for life.

Crystal

"David Smith" wrote in message
| Does anyone have any suggestions on how to find local clay banks? How
| to test the clay found ? Any suggestions? Comments?
|
| Thank You,
|
| David Smith

steve graber