Old February 2nd 12, 06:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Default What are you stitching/knitting

I'm finally getting back to doing some stuff. Janet sent me several
lovely cat kits that I would like to start work on but thought I should
actually finish off the last of the seasonal bell pulls from Calico
Crossroads. I'm working on the SPRING bell pull and started stitching
the I. I'm using Dinky Dyes variegated silk for the satin stitched
letters and then various other silks and perle cottons. I've got the
other three seasons finished -- photos at my Webshots album -- and have
been trying to get this last one finished for about for years now!
I have a needlepoint cat piece and a biscornu (Janet's B-day pressie
from about three years ago now) that I need to work on, too. I have
both of them started but life got in the way! i *REALLY* want to work
on the biscornu so will start on that again as soon as the SP
RING bell pull is finished.
I have three different knitting projects in the works and have
barely touched any of them. One is to be a ruana made from lovely fiber
I bought when I was in NH, shopping with Cheryl in autumn of 2010. Then
there is the entrelok scarf that I started about this time last year.
It's a VERY difficult pattern and I took a class so that I would know
enough about it to be able to finish it once I was moved. The last is a
tacky acrylic afghan made with variegated (purple, yellow, green, white)
yarn and coordinating solids. I'm making long strips of each color --
in a different pattern so that I learn new stuff -- and will put them
together to make the afghan -- IF I ever finish it. I've got the first
variegated strip about 3/4 done (they will all be 2 skeins of yarn long
more or less) and can find one skein of the yellow but none of the white
or green. I probably packed it last spring and it's hiding in the
storage unit in Magnoliaville!
I also have a quilt top about 1/2 finished and I REALLY need to make
a baby quilt for my DNephew's first baby -- due to be born next week. I
don't think I will get that one finished in time since I haven't even
started work on it!!!! AH well -- I'm having trouble getting motivated
to do much besides sit here messing with the comoputer or staring at the
boob toob in the evenings. If I didn't have to feed the animals, I
would likely do nothing at all most days. WAIT -- that's what I am
doing -- LOLOL! CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary /\___/\