Old January 10th 04, 09:39 PM
Lee Smith

Default Miss Davis' Academy

Hello,

I am writing from Winnipeg, and have been researching Miss Davis' Academy,
which is now known as "Twin Oaks", located a short distance north of here,
in the small town of "St. Andrew's".

My question is, are there any descendants of those who attended Miss Davis'
Academy on this board, and if so, could you help in finding out what type of
needlework she taught to her students?

In "The Road to the Rapids", it is briefly mentioned and described as
nothing more then "plain and ornamental". Also, was there a sampler made?

I have had zero success in finding answers to these questions, posed to
various heritage organizations, our Provincial Archives, including a
descendant of one of Miss Davis's students living in Calgary, and a relative
of Miss Davis, in Winnipeg.

There is nothing in our Legislative Library either.

Thank you for your assistance!

Margaret Smith
http://www.angelfire.com/ca/heritageneedleworks/