Old June 10th 05, 07:31 AM
Carla

I use Fireline almost exclusively now for stringing. The grey one
(looks black on the spool) isn't very noticeable at all once strung. It
knots better than many of the beading strings/wires I tried. If you try
it, be sure to purchase from a sporting goods/fishing store. Bead
stores carry it now, but it costs more.

Cheers,
Carla

Fenrir Enterprises wrote:
Has anyone used any of the newer brands of fishing line for stringing
thread? Most books I've read on beading say fishing line 'doesn't hang
as well' as nylon beading thread, but some of the newer types are more
string-like and seem to hang well rather than being hard, unflexible
cord. It's also /much/ cheaper than buying beading cord. The only
problem I see is most of the premium types that have the most
thread-like feel are not clear and have odd colors that would look
strange if you didn't have the beads strung tightly enough that you
can't see the cord at all.

---

http://www.FenrirOnline.com

Computer services, custom metal etching,
arts, crafts, and much more.