Old September 10th 03, 04:41 AM
Dewitt

The following website has some great information about tagines. They
do NOT have a hole at the top of the lid - it should be enclosed.

http://fantes.com/tagine.htm

A bit of a tangent, but I found it "interesting" that these pieces are
described as "lead-free", but there is a foot note that says:
" Pottery, like that above marked with this symbol, has been tested to
be within the safe guidelines established by the Food & Drug
Administration. Standards established by California Proposition 65 are
significantly stricter than those of the FDA, and pottery with a
yellow triangle has been found to leach lead above California's
Proposition 65 warning levels. "

Sure sounds to me like they aren't lead-free. . .

deg