Old February 5th 07, 02:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

Default OT cooking question - too much heat

On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 23:37:32 -0600, Sunny wrote
(in article .com):

Polly,
Just bring that nasty ol' soup to me. LOL. I was raised in Texas and
lived most of my life in Phoenix and I have a taste for hot and then
some. But, if you want to take some of the heat out, add
starch.Probably wont' make a whole lot of difference unless you can
increase the volume a significant amount (without adding any more of
those "mild" Rotel cans. And, like most things cooked with hot stuff,
it's likely to get hotter as it sits.

Good luck, and try eating it with some good cornbread while drinking
lots of cold milk.

Hugs,
Sunny

On Feb 4, 11:01 pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
I made a nice pot of soup today; it's chilling and waiting for tomorrow.
Meanwhile, please help me. I added a can of original Rotel which I assumed
(yes, I know) was not as hot as the others. Mercy. Wonder what I can add
to the soup to absorb some of that heat? Potatoes? Rice? some cotton
batting? I need help. Polly

Piggy backing cause I just had a thought. Dairy. Dairy will absorb that
heat, so maybe a little milk or plain yogurt or sour cream. Or have a big
glass of milk next to you while you are eating that soup.

Maureen