Old February 5th 07, 01:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anna Belle [email protected]

Default OT cooking question - too much heat

On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 23:01:51 -0600, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

I made a nice pot of soup today; it's chilling and waiting for tomorrow.
Meanwhile, please help me. I added a can of original Rotel which I assumed
(yes, I know) was not as hot as the others. Mercy. Wonder what I can add
to the soup to absorb some of that heat? Potatoes? Rice? some cotton
batting? I need help. Polly

Polly,
No help with the "hot" situation, but wanted to share a project our
DS1 has been involved with for a couple of years.
He lives in Boston and is single. One of his friends organized a
-soup swap-. There were 10 people involved last year.
Each person made 6 quarts of homemade soup. Not chili or the common
kinds unless it had a special twist or seasoning.
Freeze all 6 quarts individually in containers.
The host has snack foods ready and all spent a short time visiting and
then drew names for the first, second etc. choices of soups.
All went home with 6 quarts of 6 different soups they would probably
never have tried otherwise. They included the recipes.
One person was a Russian immigrant and she brought borscht (sp?). It
was a great hit.
There was a prize for first soup gone and last to be chosen. A wooden
spoon.
There are 8 swaps planned this year in 5 different cities.

Sort of sounds healthier than cookie swaps.

Anna Belle in Palm Bay