Old June 30th 04, 01:37 PM
Carolyn McCarty

Polly, my beloved son (who is *not* an ignorant slob) writes both
handwritten letters and emails with no caps, and sometimes no punctuation.
It drives me nuts, but I've learned to get past the surface and enjoy the
essentials of his letters. Yes, it's a modern trend. There isn't a thing
we can do about it. Pardon me while I go into a quiet corner and scream
about how the world is falling apart, and what happened to simple courtesy
and manners, and nothing is like it used to be, and what ever happened to

Carolyn in The Old Pueblo, who is never going to give up capitalization and
using punctuation.

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
ink.net...
Kristen, there's a deeply imbedded proof-reader strain in me. It was

scared
into me by a terrifying 9th grade typing teacher and got worse over the
years. If it is not terribly rude of me to ask, why do your posts ignore

the
capital " I "? If this is something young people do and I'm just not

"with
it", I really will try to adjust. It is so hard for me to pay attention to
what you're saying when some of my brain is wanting to hit the backup key.
Please bring me (gently) up to date. If I can learn to send email and
operate the coffee pot, maybe I can understand. I truly mean to ask this
sweetly, I just am without a clue. Polly

"Kristen L. Renneker" wrote:

ok...i know after i post this i'll google and find what i'm looking

for,
but
here it goes...

I need a large amount of rainbow variegated thread...i've only ever

seen
it
on relatively small spools, but i know i'll need a lot to finish this
project, so i'm hoping to get a cone, figuring it will be cheaper

than
buing
many small spools.

have any of you seen such an animal?

wow! that was quick...and perfect!!! thanks a lot!!!!

kristen